Thursday 28 May 2009

Puffy, Tired and Whingey!!!

Over the last few days I think everything has definitely caught up with me. My brain is still as active as it has ever been and I forget (or at least try to) that my body can't keep up with it.

One minute I can't sleep and am awake at 3 am, the next i'm sleeping all day and all night (except for the obligatory midnight run to the loo...lol)

I thought once I dropped to 5 mg of the steroids my swollen, bloated mass that masquerades as my body, would start to go down. It's been 4 weeks now since being told not to drop any further and staying at 5mg and I can't really see any difference at all. I know I shouldn't really whinge as at least on the steroids I can kinda breathe ok and am relatively mobile (to an extent) but i've gone from a size 10 to a 14/16, i've developed the most horrendous stretch marks and the appetite the size of a man twice my size (which i'm having to be really careful with so as not to spread my bulk any further). The only real positive is that I know have the most enormous boobs....lol I've gone from a 34A to a 38B....which hubby doesn't mind so much....lol

I just think it's not the best start to married life for my wonderful hubby, although he keeps telling me that i've never looked so beautiful......think i'll book him into Specsavers...lol

Anyway, my step dad has now finished playing and having a whale of a time redesigning my greenhouse and building a bench to potter on and we now have tomatoes, sweetcorn, lettuce and strawberries growing as well as a few plants that need starting off before being put into my garden (will try and get some pics for my next blog).

My sister and 2 of her mother and baby friends turned up today to go for a "swim" with the babies in my hot tub which has totally knackered me out but my sister has persuaded me to go out with her tomorrow (think i'll need my wheelchair though) to do a bit of baby clothes shopping followed by an evening with one of the other mummy's who's holding a candle party. Well it's a night out and a glass of wine.....which I think after the last few weeks I may treat myself to as I don't drink that often.

Well i'm off to start my evening round of meds. Just want to also say well done and big congrats to Jo for getting through the assessment process and being approved to go on the transplant list for some new lungs. I'm so happy for you Jo, hope you don't have to wait long babe.

Blog more later

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment