Sunday 22 February 2009

Lights, Camera, Mussels!!!

Tuesday saw the now normal Project Vix kick start the day after seeing hubby off to work at 6.30 am. Only I think I perhaps set my exercise progam a little too high (especially as i've only been out of hospital 3 days). By the time I climbed down off of my exercise bike after a 1 hour cycle, not only did every muscle in my legs and bum hurt BUT my lungs felt like they were on fire.

I figured that sometimes a warming cup of hot choc will do it's trick of calming things down and if I sit and chill out for an hour, whilst watching dubious members of the human race (and I use that term loosely) on the Jeremy Kyle show things will be fine....well kind of anyway.

Half way through JK there was a knock on the door from our postie. Oooo presents? goodies? No better....Our wedding DVD!!! YAY

As JK finishes I shoot over to my sisters to pick her and baby Isabella up then head off to the fishmongers (wanted to cook hubby moules marinere tonight) and butchers to stock up our empty fridge and freezer (that and for some strange reason we appear to have invited a lot of people over for dinner throughout the week).

It is only when I have to park a distance from the fishmongers do I realise I might have done myself an injury. I couldn't walk 100 metres without stopping and getting my breath and on the way back, carrying a rather heavy bag, had to stop twice to catch my breath. Oooo dear not good.

As I clamber into the car and put the blowers on cool and full blast to help me get my breath, I get the lecture from my sister about overdoing it. I then have to listen to this lecture for the next 9 miles as we drive to collect my mum from work (Bob, her partner had to drive to Chichester to collect his daughter Becky who is staying with them during the half term, so had the car) who duly picks up from where my sister leaves off for the 10 min journey to drive her home.

Help I need to escape!!! Cue my wonderful hubby who is on a half day at work and is en route home. Thank you Lord!!! However mum now knows of the wedding DVD and Bob her partner heard the words moules marinere, so we now have guests for dinner and the 1st screening of our DVD.

My sister, Isabella and I leave my mums and collect hubby from home and drive my sister and Isabella to their baby massage course. Hubby and I then head off to the bank to continue the round of changing my name with the various organisations since getting married.

Next the dreaded Tesco's. By this time i'm really struggling to breath and my nebs don't seem to be touching it. Cue the fastest moving Tesco electric shopping trolly in the East. How I didn't kill myself, the staff and all the other customers in the store i've no idea...lol It was a lot of fun but at least we got all of our shopping including another kilo of muscles.

We get home and pretty much have to start straight away preping the mussels. Do any of you know how long it takes to check and clean up 2 kilos of mussels? Nearly 45 mins with icy cold water. By the end of this i've completely had enough and my breathlessness is getting worse (probably more now due to the stress) Aaarrrggghhhhh!!!!

Anyway hubby grabs me a chair an I sit and direct him with what to do (getting everything preped so as mum, Bob and Becky arrive, we can cook them off straight away). Well we didn't have to wait long as the doorbell rang 15 mins later.

The mussels were a roaring success....absolutely delicious. We the settled down to watch our wedding DVD.

I haven't laughed and cried so much. There were suprise interviews on it from my mum and bridesmaids, there were bloopers, there were things that I never even knew were going on and it was wonderful to see.

Come 10.30, mum, Bob and Becky make there way home and hubby helps me to bed.

Will blog more later (and see if I can put a clip of wedding DVD on too)

xxx

1 comment:

  1. gosh your a very busy person! Jeremy Kyle makes you feel better about yourself :o)

    ReplyDelete